top of page

Hunger Walk/Run 5k

Sunday, March 10 @2pm

Home Depot Backyard, Mercedes-Benz Stadium

Since 1984, the Hunger Walk/Run has been an annual 5K/“fun run” of The Atlanta Community Food Bank and its partners. Proceeds benefit the ACFB and other local nonprofits, programs, and ministries focused on hunger relief. These benefiting partner organizations help recruit participants and receive a percentage of the funds raised to support their direct hunger relief programs.


As a benefiting partner, the Presbytery of Greater Atlanta keeps 60% of the funds we raise as a presbytery, which supports our Diaconal Grants program. All Presbytery of Greater Atlanta churches are eligible to apply for a Diaconal Grant to support hunger initiatives within their congregation. The remaining 40% that we raise goes to the Atlanta Community Food Bank where - among many other outstanding results - they leverage every $1 into $9 worth of groceries for hunger relief (enough for 4 meals!).

Walking costs $30. Virtual participation is an option, too. Event t-shirts are included in the cost. Members going in-person are encouraged to meet up and walk together. Click below to register now!

bottom of page